Consultations and urgent interventions for your patients at home.
Servicing General Practitioners
We're there when you can't be
We generally step in for:
- Urgent in-home patient interventions
- Night or weekend emergencies
- Prolonged absences for holidays, congresses, seminars
- Consultations in retirement homes
You can contact us directly with a specific request or leave GE-MED’s telephone number on your answering service as who to call in case of need.
Made-to-measure care tailored to your needs and those of your patients
Individualised patient follow-up can also be organised upon request.
You can communicate your directives in several ways:
- Via our call center. Medical regulators will relay your instructions to the scheduled doctor.
- Ask to speak with the scheduled GE-MED doctor prior to or during the visit to discuss your wishes and/or concerns.
- Submit specific instructions via email for future consultations.
Exams and emergency technical procedures for your patients at home
- EKG + analysis
- Bloodwork and analysis
- Rapid diagnostic tests: SHA, HGT, Béta HCG, etc.
- Urinary catheter care
- Aerosol inhalers
- Stitches and wound care
Direct contact with our doctors
Specifics of your directives and concerns can be discussed with our doctors before, during or after a consultation, by telephone or by email.
Need more business cards?
We’ll send them to you free of charge.
Servicing health professionals
In-home nursing and care organisations
We generally intervene in the unavailability of the patient’s GP or for the following circumstances:
- Significant change in the patient’s condition
- Patient’s current medication requires prompt re-evaluation
- Decisions to make that require a doctor’s approval
- Questions requiring a doctor’s opinion
Retirement homes and assisted living facilities
Our doctors intervene for various types of cases involving patients in retirement homes and assisted living facilities.
When the resident doctor or patient’s GP is unavailable, we primarily respond for the following situations:
- Urgent interventions
- On-request consultations from GPs for their resident patients
- Attestations and death certificates
Hospital emergency departments and medical centres
We can quickly dispatch a doctor to the patient’s location.
For vital emergencies or critical situations, please call 144.
Assisting health professionals
GE-MED’s consultations are covered under all basic Swiss health insurance policies, in addition to numerous international plans.
Insurers can refer their clients seeking medical house calls to GE-MED. We will also gladly advise visitors or patients with international policies.