House calls, an integral step in General/Internal Medicine specialist training.
What we offer
In collaboration with HUG’s Service of Primary Care (SMPR), we offer doctors within their residency specialisation, an accredited, 1-year training program of category IV Internal General Medicine.
Internal General Medicine
Type of position : 3rd year +, following federal medical exam
Target group : candidates for specialisation in Internal/General Medicine
Work percentage : To be determined
Supervision : 3 senior physicians
Specific objectives :
- Ambulatory Internal/General Medicine (house calls, retirement institutions, police, public incidents, etc.)
- Non-vital emergencies
- Pediatric house calls for children 2 years and above
- Mental illness
- Legal medicine
- Interaction and collaboration with local health network
- At home care and support
- On-site technical procedures
- Interpretation of secondary exams/investigative strategies
The house call experience
A different kind of medicine
Interested in joining GE-MED?